Sunday, April 2, 2006

"Return to childhood" or "self portrait":
This day as I walked in the country I was doing one of my typical little childhood games. Please don't tell Dear techie H. I put them into zip-lock and stashed them in my treasure bag - together with my books and art pad and drawing supplies (unused). I like to pick up tidbits on the road or at the sea shore. This was no seashore but treasures abounded.
As I held each gem and observed, trying to picture it's setting at this venue, I realized I was thinking on myself. I started to see more my hand and it's positon, as opposed to the actual pieces I was holding. I knew too, that the words I had in mind were probably more to do with a self portrait as opposed to the actual little stones my dry hand held.
Self portrait - it probably requires a novel. I think you would agree. You've already discovered part of me. What more might you behold?
The return to childhood - it's definitely a good thing. Do you experience days when you so wish you could just be a child again? Everyday life is far too complex. Sometimes I'm right there for a split second. When I stop to ponder it, however, I realize perhaps my childhood was not so carefree either.
Hmmm....

No comments:

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts