Friday, January 22, 2010

I love vintage

A few years ago I saw many friends collecting vintage - fabrics, papers, books. I thought because I did not have opportunities to attend flea markets or to go to this kind of shop I did not have opportunities for this kind of collecting. I did know that there were some antiquish kind of things in the very farm home where I grew up. However I was not aware of the extend of the possibilities until I started asking, until I started snooping. AH - treasure found. There were fabrics. There were papers. There were books. I am so fortunate. And I have started to find other opportunities. They are there.
Just a few days ago my friend Sherry introduced me to the art of Cath Kidston. I had not been aware. Ummm - exactly the kind of fabrics and styles and ideas I love.
From the book Cath Kidston's In Print:









And just a couple of examples of the lovely fabrics I have in my possession or very close at hand.



 

 

 

As I listen to Canada for Haiti ~ finding beauty in this time of sadness, finding beauty in this time of hope.

3 comments:

Peggy Parker said...

Oh, that rose pattern with leaves that are flourishes is absolutely gorgeous! I would kill for that one! Don't worry, I don't live anywhere near you!

winnsangels said...

I know. Isn't it gorgeous? Sigh - the bottom two belong to my mil.

Mary said...

I love this picture!!! The colors are magnificent! I also just love your dog!! The snow pic (above) on the nose...makes me what to just play in the snow with him! Thank you for sharing!

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts