Monday, May 28, 2007

I seek:
Last Friday I started to write a dark piece. Last night as the clouds were rolling in, to hide the moon, I decided to choose to look to the light. Here is my choice.

I seek
when the tears are erupting
at the surface
ready to spill
I seek to feel laughter
instead

when the pain is crying
in my face
my jaws
my neck
my shoulders
I seek to feel my body
flowing
as hot chocolate sauce
molten sapphires glowing
instead

when the rage is building
constructing,
I seek to feel warm light
instead

when my thoughts find helpless
grasping at straws
I seek to feel courage
with hope entwined
instead

when sadness surrounds me
smothers
I seek to feel beauty
dancing in the light
instead







when loneliness leaves me
abandoned
I seek to feel the angels
fluttering
within
and about me
instead





2 comments:

Kae-Lyne said...

WOW, what a wonderful poem. Absolutely love the way you fight against tears, crying, rage, helplessness and sadness. Such a lovely message.

Debra said...

Beautiful Wendy just beautiful x

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts