For CaC : getting to know you day:
The Infamous Proust Questionnaire:
* Your most marked characteristic?
* The quality you most like in a man?
* The quality you most like in a woman?
* What do you most value in your friends?
* What is your principle defect?
* What is your favorite occupation?
* What is your dream of happiness?
To have many angels dancing all around me (hmmm, I’ve captured for a brief moment)
* What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
I don’t want to go there – I can’t find any humor in it whatsoever
* What would you like to be?
* In what country would you like to live?
* What is your favorite color?
* What is your favorite flower?
* What is your favorite bird?
I love birds – doves, bluebirds, robins, wrens, chickadees
* Who are your favorite prose writers?
Luanne Rice, Sue Monk Kidd, Michael Ondaatje, Bryce Courtenay
* Who are your favorite poets?
Hope is the thing with feathers,
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without words,
And never stops at all.
I thank God for most this
day; for the leaping greenly
spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;
and for everything
which is natural, which is
infinite, which is yes.
e. e. cummings
* Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
My mind’s drawing a blank
* Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
* Who are your favorite composers?
* Who are your favorite painters?
Ummm – not really into the history piece - who was it that painted the ballerinas? (I never actually studied art.) Maybe I can say two from the very present - Misty Mawn and Susan Tuttle. (both recently refound in Somerset Studio)
* Who are your heroes in real life?
all the angels, Suze, Mary Ann, Fran, Nance, Jude, Stephen, Stacey, Darcy, and Debra (to name only a few)
* Who are your favorite heroines of history?
* What are your favorite names?
Jacqueline, Francesca, Jennifer, Katherine, Genevieve
* What is it you most dislike?
* What historical figures do you most despise?
Hitler and all his buddies
* What event in military history do you most admire?
* What reform do you most admire?
abolishment of slavery
* What natural gift would you most like to possess?
To find, even if tiny, a touch of laughter in the face of (any) adversity, be it large or small
* How would you like to die?
With good mental faculties & with my daughter and husband holding my hands
* What is your present state of mind?
frustrated - best not to ask why
* To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
Procrastination - she grins - trying to look at it usually as play time. If I’m going to do it - procrastinate - I might as well enjoy it.
Here are a couple of examples of yesterday's procrastination, photopaint on fractals
* What is your motto?
Not certain this would be called a motto, but it’s what I try to live by:
"To laugh is to risk appearing the fool. To weep is to risk being called sentimental. To reach out to another is to risk involvement. To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self. To place your ideas and your dreams before them is to risk being called naive. To love is to risk not being loved in return. To live is to risk dying. To hope is to risk despair, and to try is to risk failure. But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing and becomes nothing. He [or she] may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live. Chained by his certitudes, he is a slave, he's forfeited his freedom. Only the person who risks is truly free."
Dr. Leo Buscaglia
- ► 2012 (66)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (61)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► 2008 (101)
- For CaC : getting to know you day:The Infamous Pro...
- I believe in angels. Created with fd's flickr toys...
- swirly, twirly: major play time with fractals and ...
- I seek:Last Friday I started to write a dark piece...
- My first fractal. Please don't ask me to repeat it...
- for the love of purple: I've just created a new se...
- Collage paper: I've been trying to do some writing...
- Playing again: Just learning, practicing, with the...
- Dancing purples
- Copycat: The weekly prompt this week for Inspire m...
- excited: Three people are very excited. One is my ...
- Longing for the sun to shine: for more than a few ...
- Sometimes I feel so uncertain. Sometimes I feel so...
- Occupied: I didn't get any news today so trying to...
- Watching for angels while being in limbo: I'm tryi...
- Sunday Sunsets
- Captured: We're at the farm for a few days. The we...
- Fairy forest - just happened. This is one of the b...
- Friday Finds: This week - well, I tried to flow th...
- Groups, groups and more groups: In the past couple...
- I would like to pass on this information about "Mi...
- Bits and pieces: The first is a 4X4 done on acryli...
- Flowers, flowers everywhere: I was working the pas...
- Altered books: I took a wee bit of time last night...
- Flooding: There has been much flooding in our area...
- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY- cards created for my Mom & Gre...
- Happy Mother's Day
- Altering books - a few of my favourite things: boo...
- Friday finds: It's late and I'm tired after trip t...
- ever changing
- "angels be with you": This is a journal page I did...
- Shades of purple
- "How do you spell Heaven?"To see these journal pag...
- Creekside - I missed the crocuses (as we know them...
- Surprising sunset: We were at the farm for the wee...
- Botanicals: a most wonderful theme this week for A...
- favourite photo: for Thursday photo day (a bit lat...
- Doing some research on altered books and came acro...
- spring sunshine
- When the spring sun shines ~
- Life goes on: I have chosen to share with you on t...
- Only beginning of April journal quilt: My excuse -...
- ▼ May (43)
eye candy to my mind
- art journal pages (66)
- art (58)
- words (56)
- photographs (44)
- quotation (36)
- autumn (35)
- fabric (32)
- angels (31)
- art journal page (30)
- video (30)
- flowers (28)
- photograph (27)
- Inspiration Peak (24)
- etsy (23)
- collage (22)
- nature (20)
- vintage (19)
- Christmas (18)
- colours (18)
- family (17)
- love (17)
- farm (16)
- CaC (15)
- Inspire me Thursday (15)
- daughter (14)
- hope (14)
- journal quilt (14)
- Manitou Beach (13)
- SAD (13)
- blue (13)
- sunset (13)
- winter (13)
- Autumn Richness (12)
- spring (12)
- friends (11)
- postcards (11)
- swap (11)
- Creative Every Day (10)
- November (10)
- art everyday month (10)
- beads (10)
- creekside (10)
- sadness (10)
- acrylics (9)
- grief (9)
- light (9)
- prayer (9)
- ATCs (8)
- Billy (8)
- altered book (8)
- artwords (8)
- blues (8)
- books (8)
- give away (8)
- journal quilts (8)
- lace (8)
- photo (8)
- sunlight (8)
- videos (8)
- Friday's Finds (7)
- buttons (7)
- challenges (7)
- cousin (7)
- death (7)
- digital (7)
- inchies (7)
- laughter (7)
- purple (7)
- studio (7)
- Afghanistan (6)
- Corporal David Braun (6)
- January (6)
- backgrounds (6)
- diabetes (6)
- embroidery (6)
- fibers (6)
- miracles (6)
- orange (6)
- peace (6)
- pets (6)
- stamps (6)
- "strong free ME" (5)
- Photo Thursday (5)
- book (5)
- collage play (5)
- fibre (5)
- hand painted fabric (5)
- sunrise (5)
- "Orange" (4)
- altered books (4)
- art quilts (4)
- believe (4)
- breathe (4)
- flat canvas (4)
- hand made stamps (4)
- path (4)
- Cat (3)
- Inspirtion Peak (3)
- bird (3)
- birthday wishes (3)
- brads (3)
- butterfly (3)
- change (3)
- cling wrap (3)
- house (3)
- journal pages (3)
- layers (3)
- purples (3)
- sun (3)
- Haiti (2)
- charms (2)
- chickadee (2)
- collage play with crowabout (2)
- handmade book (2)
- 100 Dreams (1)
- Berthold Imhoff (1)
- cereal box art (1)
- simple things (1)
the day before Christmas all in a scurry still trying to breathe and find quiet moments to take in the glory a celebrat...
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."...
I was e xploring on pinterest yesterday and found some fabulous blogs around the area of "stitched". For some of these I have link...