Thursday, August 3, 2006

"Do you ever feel like you're not being heard?", was the question. It came from my massage therapist as she tried to examine the extent of my jaw pain. My immediate resounding response was "YES! I nearly always feel that way."

I grew up as a quiet, nurturing individual. There was no surprise when I became a nurse. Listening was something I did very well, often still do. Sometimes I am blessed with intuition. But there came a time in my life where I grew so tired of having to listen to other people and feeling no one was listening to me. It felt that even when I tried to express myself many did not seem to understand.

Art has been a huge part of my life. I love nature and the beauty and change to be found there. The creative part of me is about that which I see, that which I hear, that which I feel. I have tried sharing that, but have often become frustrated. I am very sensitive and while sometimes that is positive for nurturing others, it is often not nurturing for myself.

Now that I have this opportunity to share through my pretended art and writing I hope that I will be able to feel more that I am being heard.

No comments:

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts