Tuesday, August 22, 2006


Altered book cover ~ my first. I've just got my initial picture of what I've actually started. I have much of it planned with pictures and words printed. I was hoping to do more today but we've had dreadful news which I'll tell more about as soon as I'm able. My thanks again to Nancy, http://www.somethingtwocrowabout.typepad.com/ Nancy, please go ahead with your next tutorial. I'll catch up when I'm able. Should mention I'm REALLY excited about this altered book project.The picture ~ note the chocolates at top left corner, I need to have artificially sweetened ones because of my diabetes, but still can't resist my chocolate. I also don't have a brayer so just used my marble rolling pin as suggested by my artist friend. AND I didn't have time to paint on magazine pages so used paper which I had purchased previously. It wasn't all scraps but I love fancy paper. I'll also be busy with farming for a couple of days so may not be posting about the art. I hope to get back to it soon.

2 comments:

Nancy Baumiller said...

My prayers to you and yours for whatever it may be...but you are always included in my prayers...I will just say a little extra one for you!
Great start on the book cover!
Hey chocolate is chocolate with sugar or without! Bless you darlin'
I dont have a brayer either sometimes I use my fingers to push out any air bubbles or an old credit card.
Farming is hard work...don't over do yourself...but I know with farming that can't be helped! Hope you get some 'you' time soon! Much love and hugs!

Suzie Q said...

So sorry about your news, Wendy. You enjoy those chocolates - life is too short, eh?

The book cover is coming on nicely, I hope you get plenty of fun out of joining in with Nancy's tutorials - the next one is just amazing, the fastest technique I've ever known, and the results are stunning!

Harvest time for you? I hope it's abundant, and that you will get time to play soon..

'til then, Take Care xXx

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts