Monday, May 1, 2006


JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes:
My team as they await the start. I'm so pleased they were able to participate and that we raised over $600 ourselves in just two weeks. Considering that I've had diabetes for 45 years I believe this is an extremely important cause. I've been fortunate. I have no complications yet even though my diabetes has always been very difficult to control.
I've many stories to tell. Major adavances have occured. I'm presently on 4-5 injections of insulin/day (Humalog and Levemir). I've tried a pump but did not appreciate the added body part though I understand they are very tiny now and very effective. I'm anxiously awaiting the cure. It will be found!
p.s. I decided not to walk because I was performing in a concert last night. Next year.

No comments:

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts