Thursday, July 29, 2010

broken wing

This poor lovely soul has lost a wing. I dropped her and alas she has only one.



Myself, I feel broken too, as if without a wing. I did not drop myself. I have been spread far too thinly though. I have been pulled in so many directions. Mostly others needs have pulled me away. I have been pulled away from art. I have been pulled away from myself.

YET, I am amazed at how strong I have remained. At times, when my thoughts are seemingly filled with concerns, questions, and possible solutions, what one could call worry, I can mostly manage to pull myself out of that dificult place with a walk outdoors where I can admire the flowers, pull a few undesirables, quite easily find feathers or hear the cooing dove. There is even a dove at the farm. At least I have heard it. An even greater life saver is my art. At times I have really not felt like doing art. I have practically forced myself to do it. I know it will bring me peace and contentment, further strength. Sometimes I just need to think about art. I can think of possibilities of art quilts and canvas bags. I remember lovely examples at Amy Butler's or Cath Kidston's "homes". (Sorry I don't have time to grab the links. I know you can find them).
So now I will dream of the future of my art. I know I will soon be able to share my many new adventures in jewelry design and production. I will have completed altered books to share as well as vintage style designs.

As I leave you with angel blessings I hope that you will continue to keep me within your thoughts and prayers. I also hope that you will remain strong as well and especially remember that ART SAVES.

Angels be with you.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, yes art does save. It is such a refuge and a restorative. And I understand very well what you are saying about being pulled away from art, away from yourself. I hope you get back there soon.

winnsangels said...

Thanks Amy.

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts