Thursday, May 28, 2009

the layers of me

boards of three

with every layer
each new texture
added

scratched away
I wonder

will I ever find

my true

real self


then remembering

with each new layer
the self emerges
differently


alas

each new layer

each new day


another

yet more unique
me
a different

wonderful
me

© Wendy Burton

I have spoken before about how much I embrace creating layers and textures within my art. The wooden pieces above are newly textured, awaiting further developments. I am planning additions to my long neglected etsy shop with these pieces and have only to do photos and set up for a number of smaller items. I'll let you know when that ever happens.

In the meantime I found this video of Bruno Sasfilippo Piano Textures III which I would like to share, ever more "textures".



And if you also adore textures, please think about this exciting opportunity to join Dale Anne Potter and me as we look at mixed-media techniques. If you want to learn, or are already experienced and want to practice textures, AND numerous other techniques, this is a fabulous time to be doing either.

No comments:

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts