Wednesday, June 25, 2008

my retreat: I had a wonderful time last week when I was by myself for my little retreat.



I was able to get some art started and some reading done also. I picked up a couple more vintage books and other pieces and found some more vintage at the cottage. Sigh.



A couple of images I love from the February/March 2008 issue of Canadian Home and Country. We actually have a claw foot tub in our garage but no place to put it - some day (:



Then came the tough part of returning home to this house filled as of this morning with more boxes. Everything that was away has now been returned. I have this huge challenge of sorting and organizing. I have decided to look at each box opened as an adventure. That will be easier to do with the basement things as I had been working with those areas over the past few years and know what to expect. Upstairs will be more of a challenge. I have to go through the teenager's mess. She also had her last day of school today. She has returned home as I write this and I can assure you that while the last days have been difficult because of lack of routine for her at school and general stress levels there, I am very uncertain about having her here while I try to do sorting and organizing. Fortunately, we do have things arranged for her for the summer.

I think that will be all for now. I have a number of projects I'm working on, as usual. Unfortunately I probably will not be able to do much actual art until our house is put back in some order. I haven't forgotten about the give away I had mentioned. I will try to announce some prizes and details soon.

Until then,
Angels be with you

No comments:

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts