Tuesday, November 28, 2006


Looking through the window
my eyes caught the sparkle
of a mystical, magical land

The horses ready to alight
on the minutest of sleighs
barely visible to mine orbs

"Wait for me"
I whispered
but the light
was changing

As I turned for my cape
snowflakes floated
no longer sparkled

Looking through the window…

This is a photograph I took this morning from our front window. I was thinking of this week's theme for artwords, which is window. After I put the photos to computer I started to play with this window. I had a grand time. I was transported...

One of today's contributions for Art Everyday Month, which is drawing near to an end.

For more on "Looking through the window..." go to windyangelsandyou.

4 comments:

tammy vitale said...

wow - you did this with a *photograph*?!!!! Love it! Love the snow flakes. Love the simplicity. Love the blue. Love the *feeling*.Love the whole thing.

Leah said...

oooo, this is gorgeous. i felt transported by the imagery and words. lovely!

toto-too said...

I love this combination of art and words, so eloquently portrayed.
brava!

Suzie Q said...

Beautiful,Wendy. The image & the prose. Thank you xXx

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts