Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Visual Poetry


What kind of picture evolves in your brain when you hear the words visual poetry? In my mind, there is a dance, a romancing with my taste buds, my spirit, my sense of being grounded. Winn, my spirit guide, allows my mind to float higher and yet higher, while yet even gaining strength and the need to stand tall, stand free, exist in the presence of me. Yes, I am wondering what picture evolves in your brain when you hear the words visual poetry.

A few months ago, I was invited by Susan Tuttle to join her group called Visual Poetry. While I had no idea, truly, what Visual Poetry was about, I chose to join. I absolutely adore the art and words of Susan. At first, because of time and resources, I thought the course Susan was offering online, was not a possibility for me. I did not spend any moments even really looking at what Visual Poetry was about. Not until Susan offered part one again did I start to investigate further, to discover that learning Susan's secrets was truly a possibility.


I had been following Susan's creative path since I was a participant in "artwords" and was so excited to purchase the publication in which Susan's art - "Blue Heart" - first appeared on page 100. I was very proud to be able to say, "I know this artist."


When Susan had her first book published I had to have that as well.


Visits to Susan's blog were always precious moments and I regretted not visiting more often.


And now, thoughts of "a dance, a romancing with my taste buds, my spirit, my sense of being grounded" entertain my being. "Winn, my spirit guide, allows my mind to float higher and yet higher, while yet even gaining strength and the need to stand tall, stand free", as I am encountering and practicing Susan's Visual Poetry through my very own perceptions.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Oh! What a wondeerful post! I have contemplated joining Susan's course, and just can not make the time committment at this time. Do you just love it? It looks amazing as she is amazing as well. What do you like best about it? I am like you, in that I had to buy Susan's book and I purchase any magazines that have her work in them- it is so ethereal~ Have a wonderful weekend!

winnsangels said...

Thanks Patti. Yes, the visual poetry class is amazing. Unfortunately, I am also not having really a lot of time to play with it. The techniques, however, will be so wonderful to know - to be able to play with at any time down the road.

Hoping you have a wonderful weekend too!

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts