Friday, March 13, 2009

today's thoughts for succulent

I have been leaning towards warmer colours in my art the last while. I adore blues and purples but for some reason the yellows and oranges and pinks are seeming to be dominant in my thinking lately. That canvas I have been working on has become quite "dark", moody but I am not certain where that will take me yet. I am doing much layering on the piece and as I have not grown terribly accustomed yet to working on canvases I agonize about going over something yet again in the process. But how succulent is that? Definitely not. And so I share this tiny journal page without words. I suppose the colours and subject speak clearly enough. What shall I call it? Perhaps I shall call it "spring". Perhaps I shall call it "sumptuous". What do you call it?

sumptuous

Words I need to remember as I think on "sumptuous", "succulent" spring".

Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.

Mark Victor Hansen
Inspiration Peak

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it like a tropical drink!

winnsangels said...

thanks. it does almost give that impression doesn't it?

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts