Friday, March 20, 2009

there's something about

birds, and journaling, which I love. I have been inspired hugely by the ARTjournaling magazine which I mentioned in my last post. Birds, a favourite of mine, seemed to be appearing in numerous hints and splashes in the pages presented within.





At about the same time I was able ... well read about it on the journal page. Click on it to get an enlarged version which will allow you the reading.



And when I think about angels I cannot help but think about the folks over at Partners in our very own fair city. "The Partners for Rural Family Support Centre opened its doors in September of 2001... The Centre has offered support groups for many survivors of family violence in the rural Humboldt area since its inception in 1997".
I have been very honoured to be allowed to present an introduction of myself and especially about art journaling at the Building Assertiveness for Women workshop being held tomorrow. I am very excited and pleased. I know it will lead to something even more promising for myself and those involved.

I have been doing many journal pages in the past days as well as working on a couple of canvases and preparing for another couple of surprises. I am hoping to post more in near future. Until next time - angels be with you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Somerset Studio and all their sister publications. Best magazines out there. Your journal pages is beeeeautiful! I adore birds and I agree, if they're not in the angel family, they're definitely in cahoots with the angels (LOL). After all, both have been considered messengers. Congrats and good luck on the speaking engagement! Sounds like a wonderful organization, too.

P.S. I got a kick out of maukie the virtual cat. How does it DO that?!

las palabras mágicas said...

Hello dear, it is great that you have this chance to share a bit more of your generous spirit and your knowledge.
Love
Elena

winnsangels said...

About the Maukie Cat - I ♥ it so much. No clue how it happens. Thanks for the visit Dream with the fishes. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Overwhelmed these days :)

Thanks Elena. Not much came of it. But one never knows what may lay down the road. Once again I may have touched someone in a way of which I am not aware.

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts