Saturday, May 8, 2010

The good thing

about having a number of works in progress available is - when you do have a larger block of creative time available, you can get right to the art of it.
This is a smaller canvas in progress.


I started on this large piece of wood a number of months ago.


All the other canvases are in various states of creativity. Realize that the bright colours will most likely be covered over by large amount of layers. I paint what the heart needs for colours. As I work on the piece, the colours tend to get much softer and typically much darker.






Works in progress are a very good thing.

5 comments:

skye said...

Woo-hoo! These look like super delicious first layers!! Looking forward to seeing where they go!
I love your work!
Have a happy & creative Mother's Day!!

Amy said...

These are all gorgeous! I especially love the textures of the first one--how did you do that?

winnsangels said...

Thanks Skye. I did have a very happy Mother's Day.

winnsangels said...

Thanks Amy. The textures - lots of layering in all my multi-media. I'll try to give some ideas for textures over time at my tips and tuts site - keep an eye over there. http://winnstipsandtuts.blogspot.com/

Scylliane said...

Your canvas in progress are promising to be awesome ! Keep on track !

Scylliane
creative dreamer

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts