Thursday, April 26, 2007


Layers for Thursday photo day at CaC: The first thing that came to mind when I saw, actually late last night, the theme for today, was onions. Lorna Crozier's poem called Onions actually came to mind. More so, however, I was self absorbed yet and thinking about how I was told that as I tried to go through therapies and get past my anxiety, bad stress, that it would almost be like peeling away layers of an onion. Hmmm. I'm not certain how I feel about that anology. Perhaps I'm afraid that some important layers might be peeled away in the process. OK Wendy - just breathe and let it happen. I will get past those fears.

4 comments:

holly said...

I love the layers of an onion, but they make me cry. We all know how many layers there are to feelings, sheesh!!! Love your pictures too.

Melba said...

This is an interesting post...
I think sometimes (inadvertently)therapists what us to throw out the baby with the bathwater...You know what I mean?
Thearpy can be helpful, but I believe inside we are the ones with all the answers.

BlueJude said...

The onion theory. I know it well. However peeling some of those layers can certainly bring you tears. Nonetheless, sometimes it's worth it. Cool photos. Happy Friday!

Deb R said...

I wondered if anyone would take on the challenge of trying to convey an emotional response to the prompt word and you did - Yay! You did a great job with it.

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts