Friday, November 26, 2010

trying though

Occasionally I don't actually do art some days in November. Even so, I am almost always creative every day. Sometimes that involves thought and much creative problem solving.


At times, too, I get bored as I mentioned here. Then I tread on the wild side.
A journal page on which I had applied black gesso then stuck a magazine page between two before they were dry enough. Consequently I've got quite a lot of magazine page showing. That's all right. I like it. It's talking about "oot camp". I definitely saw the young lady and chose the page to use conte crayons on. It was tricky doing the eyes on the glossy part so didn't quite turn out as it could have but for a journal page - I was pleased.


I also completed this canvas, which had been nearly complete for quite some time. I needed to paint the face better as first it was done very roughly. I think this painted face was the first I did in somewhat proper colours on a canvas. She's looking a bit pale here but that's how copied images sometimes turn out.

These two journal pages were mostly done in September - the right one particularly. The left was started at the same time with words and the face just drawn with ink. I painted her face today. I'm not positive this page is totally complete, I think probably. I might add a bird sometime.

I've also been doing some bits of creative sewing this month. This is one of the pieces on which I was practicing free motion stitching. 
"just be"

I hope fun has been a part of your art everyday month.
Angels be with you dear friends.

No comments:

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts