Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Singing; gladness; joyful:
I started this background while I was staying in a hotel room last Thursday night. I had my book, a few watercolour crayons, a cheap paintbrush and my caran d'ache crayons with me. It was getting late and I wasn't sure what to put on the background. Then I remembered that all hotel rooms have bibles placed by the Gideons. I'd been thinking of these Psalms for a time and decided this would be a good time to put them to paper. I ran out of time.
I got back to it later the next evening when we were staying at my parents house in the City. The Good News Bible my Dad had there did not include the Psalms. He brought out an old Bible which he had received about sixty years ago for his 24th birthday. There I found these Psalms.
I love to sing. I started to sing when I was young. Within the next two weeks I will be singing in four different performances. The first two are concerts with St. Peter's Chorus, a group which has been in the community for forty years. There are 50 people with the Chorus this term. We have a wonderful talented director. Next Thursday I am singing with a friend in a local coffee shop that has weekly entertainment. Our writer's group will also be doing some readings. If I have a chance to write something before then I may also do a reading. the fourth singing will be at a local Church with their Choir and I may do a song or two on my own. Our own Church is at a distance so will not be singing there. I think these four opportunities will be exciting.
How Can I Keep From Singing?
My life goes on in endless song
Above earth's lamentations,
I hear the real, though far-off hymn
That hails a new creation
Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear its music ringing
It sounds an echo in my soul
How can I keep from singing?
While though the tempest loudly roars
I hear the truth, it liveth
And though the darkness 'round me close
Songs in the night it giveth
No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that rock I'm clinging
Since love is lord of heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing?
Text: Robert Lowry, 1826 - 1899
Music: Robert Lowry, 1826 - 1899, alt.

1 comment:

Suzie Q said...

Great post, Wendy! I love the page you made, and I so wish I could hear you sing! I have loved every minute with the choir since I joined, but would never have the confidence to sing on my own. I hope you have a wonderful time at all these events. I'll be with you in Spirit! ;)

Much Love, Suze xXx

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts